Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Alberta Advantage

As I have mentioned before, dear internet, my honey left his stable, well-paying job to chase after the Alberta dream. To work out in the oilfield. This is known to fellow Canadians as the Alberta Advantage.

I am seeing things a bit differently, however. Sure, the money he is making is ridiculous. At this rate I should be mortgage-free in no time, but I never see him. He works six days a week, 10 hour shifts, and add to that two hours of travel time a day. And then he comes home, annoys me and then goes to bed. Only to be waken by a small tornado. (Also known as our kiddies coming home from school.)

It's been two and half weeks. Let me draw you a picture. I am 30. I am woman. My husband, well he is very cute. And I have been sleeping alone for what now seems like forever. And when ever he is home and awake, small children are lurking.

I am thinking this is the dark side to the Alberta Advantage. 'Cause I am feeling distinctly disadvantaged.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the picture... I won't comment any further...LOL

Cheers!

8:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We left the advantage almost three years ago... Never gone back. I'll leave with the comment of "no tax" my ass! snort...cough sputteruserfeeshack....
Happy to be home Manitoban...
*who still doesn't get to sleep with her husband -three kids-

7:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home