Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pass the Puns, Please

Once again, I serve to you a Sunday morning ditty. And I warn you, dear internet, this one's a groaner...

A lady awoke one morning and discovered her dog was not moving. She called her vet who asked her to bring the dog in. After a brief examination, the vet pronounced the dog dead.

"Are you sure?", the distraught woman asked. "He was a great family pet. Isn't there anything else you can do?"

The vet paused for a moment and said, "There is one more thing we can do." He left the room for a moment and came back carrying a large cage with a cat in it. The vet opened the cage door and the cat walked over to the dog. The cat sniffed the dog from head to toe and walked back to the cage.

"Well, that confirms it." the vet announced. "Your dog is dead."

Satisfied that the vet had done everything he possibly could, the woman sighed, "How much do I owe you?"

"That will be $330." the vet replied.

"I don't believe it!!!", screamed the woman. "What did you do that cost $330!?

"Well", the vet replied, "it's $30 for the office visit and $300 for the cat scan."

17 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

LOL! that was funny!
Here via Michele's...have a great weekend!

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

Oooh, verging on painful ;)

Here's one...

This bloke goes to the zoo but when he gets there there's only this dog. It was a shitzu.

ithankyou

10:38 a.m.  
Blogger Marcia said...

hahahaha!

Here from Michele's - I LOVE your template.

10:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a groaner, but I love a groaner. Have you seen this clip from the Jeff Foxworthy Roast? It is worth watching.

http://www.wimp.com/bushcomedy/

Michele sent me.

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger kenju said...

That's not far off the truth, probably! Michele sent me.

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy said...

Did you hear me groaning? :) Thanks for the smile.

Michele sent me.

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger owlhaven said...

Oh, funny!

Mary, mom to many

12:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome from Michele's.

Heard that one before, but it's good enough to hear many times! I love puns.

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger YellowRose said...

LOL..very cute!

Here via Michele's!

1:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big groan! (But the monkey photo below cracked me up!) Hello via Michele.

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Back again today! :)
Michele sent me.

Here's one for you:
As migration approached, two elderly vultures doubted they could make the trip south, so they decided to go by airplane.

When they checked their baggage, the attendant noticed that they were carrying two dead raccoons. "Do you wish to check the raccoons through as luggage?" she asked.

"No, thanks," replied the vultures. "They're carrion."

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I could see that coming a mile away! But it's a good one!!!!

Michele sent me today. Hi from Wisconsin! *waves*

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Groan.

Here from Michele.

4:30 p.m.  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

ok, groan....Michele sent me.

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's the second time I read this joke in the last week and it's still funny.LOL

10:47 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

T, T, T. That was a very bad joke... yet strangely enjoyable!

By the way, Michele, whoever she may be, did NOT send me. Just so you know.

6:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele did NOT send me. I came here on my own volition. The cat scan joke was pricelss.

7:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home