Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ruffled Feathers

I like to think I am aging gracefully. The truth of the matter, like most woman, I am kicking and screaming the whole way. I spend my time and money trying to find new ways to fool mother nature. Some (like hair dye) are successful, others (hot pants) are not quite as helpful.

In an effort to look sophisticated and scholarly, I recently purchased a new pair of eyeglasses. I usually wear contacts, but I am becoming increasingly lazy as of late. I seem to be spending inordinate amounts of time picking my nose.

I proudly wore them last night for the first time. I was giddy with excitement, waiting for the hubs to see me and be bowled over by my new found sexiness. However, fantasy is always better than reality.

Me: "Well Boo, do you like my new glasses?" (All the while thinking I shouldn't have had to ask.)

Hubs: "The important thing is do you like your new glasses?"

Me (also known as the Redneck Fool): "That's not what I asked. Don't avoid the question. Say something, I promise I won't get mad." (Also known as a wife blatantly lying.)

Hubs: "Mom always told me if I have nothing nice to say to keep my mouth shut. I am choosing to heed her wisdom."

Let's just say my dear hubs is still picking feathers out of his teeth from the pillow I crammed in his mouth. And yes, I do like my glasses, thank you very much. Even if he doesn't.

18 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Maybe you should have the "Don't ask policy", since he has the "don't tell"!.....LOL

Michele sent me.

9:16 a.m.  
Blogger Walking Barefoot said...

I don't trust my hubby's taste we did see LCG after all (and I agree, I'm raising two kids/adults with disabilities and I don't care for those jokes either). I wouldn't dare ask his opinion on such things. Thanks for dropping in and have a beautiful day!

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Don't you hate it when people don't follow the script you've already taken pains to create for them??? :)
Happens to me all the time.

Hello, Michele sent me!

9:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! I love glasses and i think they are sexy. I've always wanted some. Put a little dog food in his dinner.

12:49 p.m.  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Oops, looks like someone didn't get the memo.

I love how my wife looks no matter what she has on her eyes. It's the window to her soul that matters most.

1:07 p.m.  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi T, nice to see you at the palace :-)

Return visits are always welcome...

Mind if I poke around a bit here in Redneck Country? [peers around blog]

I stopped asking MB's opinion on ANYTHING years ago.......[chuckle]

cq

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger Suzanne said...

oh. no. he. didn't! I bet you look mahvelous dahlink!!! What do they know!
Hi from Michele's!

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger WendyWings said...

It sounds like he at least knew not to say something bad, just think it lol.I bet you look all sexy librarian in your glasses.
Michele sent me.

1:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Thanks for visiting my site. I've posted the answer from the Vet if your interested.
Men are men.... after all.
Smiles,
Chrissie

3:19 p.m.  
Blogger Dear AL said...

Mom always told me if I have nothing nice to say to keep my mouth shut?

Stuff another pillow in his mouth!

Hi, you sent me!

Rule #1 for your man: Lie, but only white ones!

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Now you see, when you get REALLY old like me you have to ditch contacts because you can't read with them, so you have to wear glasses OVER them. Or, if you wear just glasses for distance, you have to take them OFF to read.

I got Lasik instead. Best thing I ever did!!!

Here via michele!

4:38 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You probably looked so good in your new glasses that he was just putting you on with his answer. He probably didn't want you to get the BIG HEAD.

7:39 p.m.  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

I guess you haven't trained him properly.

Michele sent me

7:54 p.m.  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Well, at least you crammed the pillow in his mouth ;)

You like the glasses and that's all that matters!

Here from Michele's!

8:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those glasses are great!
Michele sent me!! Love your blog and that great photo of you in the header!

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger David Edward said...

how do you see in them, thats my dumb male response

8:47 p.m.  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Hoo boy... his mom should have told him, if you don't have anything nice to say, make something the hell up! Especially if it has to do with your wife.

8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home