Saturday, March 25, 2006

My Cherry has been Popped

I have found the answer to my babysitting dilemma: I pawned them off on Grandma! Why did I not think of this earlier? She lives just down the road, and she is now, my bestest, coolest relative in the world. Sorry mom, the mother-in-law won this round!

It is eerily quiet now. Hubs is off at work, the kids are being stuffed full of sugar and the damn puppy is finally asleep. I am almost lost, not having to wipe up puddles. Almost. So now, instead of hiding in the pantry, I am sitting here, with my wine and trying to relax by surfing the ol' net. Imagine my delight and surprise to find I have been tagged by the fabulous, irresistible Kristen. My very first meme. She has popped my cherry, so to speak. So without any further ado, and before Grandma brings the tribe back, here it goes:


Accent - None, eh. We Canadjuns speak just like you Americans, dontcha know, eh?

Booze of choice - Any that is in my cup. Or in my pantry. I am not picky.

Chore I hate - Mopping the floor. Really, what is the point? It is not like we eat off it or anything.

Dog or Cat - A week ago I would have said dogs. Tonight, I am loving my purring pussy all the way. (My cat dear internet. Naughty people!)

Essential electronics - Computer and wash machine. Have you ever tried washing eight loads of laundry by hand? Do I look like Laura off of Little House on the Prairie?

Favorite perfume(s)/cologne(s) - Perfume makes my nose itch. Doesn't it all smell like soap anyways?

Gold or Silver? - White gold or silver. But I will take either if you want to give me some.

Hometown - Edmonton, Ab

Insomnia? - Every night since Oct. 21. 2005

Job Title - Indentured servant to an unappreciative flock.

Kids? - Living or dead? Haven't figured out correct response to that question just yet. How 'bout 2 who breathe and one who flies with the angels.

Living Arrangement - Not big enough for all my hubby's nieces and nephews. But a pretty house, nonetheless.

Most admired trait - Apparently I am personable. Translation: I make others uncomfortable with my biting wit and odd sense of humor.

Number of Sexual Partners - Not enough to make any history.

Overnight Hospital Stays - A million nights in hospital to watch over my Bug. But none because of me.

Phobia - Dragon flies. Nature's helicopters who like to buzz in your face. They dive bomb me any chance they have. Scary.

Quote - "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." Oscar Wilde

Religion - God and I are currently on the outs.

Siblings - One brother, who is a year older. One sister, who is three years younger.

Time I wake up - About fifteen minutes before the school bus comes rumbling down the road. Every morning is a mad dash to get dressed, make breaky, pack lunches and style kiddy's hair. And I think I could squeeze it into ten if I tried really hard.

Unusual talent/skill - I can put my feet behind my head. The real reason my husband married me.

Vegetable I refuse to eat - Beets. They taste like dirt and they are purple. Gross in so many ways.

Worst habit - Chewing the insides of my cheeks until they bleed. I tried chewing gum, but I guess I am a bit of a vampire.

X-rays - Teeth. Knees. Facial bones. (A future post on why we don't walk behind horsies.)

Yummy foods I make - Kraft Macaroni and cheese. I am especially proud of the consistency of the cheese.

Zodiac sign - Libra. Which means I always try to be the mediator. Which means I am always being told where to go and how to get there!

Well dear internet, that was fun! Whoo hoo! I'm not a virgin anymore. I am pouring myself more wine. I still have an hour before the terror squad comes back. Thanks Kristen, for thinking of me!

I tag Jellyhead, Mom-101, and Thumper.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing could be better than a domestic diva that can make excellent Kraft Macaroni and cheese. And, I agree with you on the floor mopping tning... heck I just trek over it in my dirty shoes anyway.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Hate beets, love grandma the babysitter. I'm with you, chica.

8:15 p.m.  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Oh, and while i lurve you for tagging me, I must confess I'm not going to be able to get to it. Too much last minute work/packing/seeing my baby/cool mom picks business before I head out of town monday morning. But thanks for thinking of me.

And now you know I hate beets, so that's something.

8:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what... Michele sent me..LOL

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy S said...

mmmmm mac and cheese sounds yummy right about now ...


here via Michele's :)

8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Hiya, visiting from Michele tonight.

9:01 p.m.  
Blogger guppyman said...

gotta watch talking too much about mac n cheese.... you make us start cooking in the middle of the night.....

Michele says howdy, eh.

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! Here via Michele's tonight!

Great blog!

10:12 p.m.  
Blogger jennypenny said...

I love this meme. Its funny that my ex-boyfriend who is from edmonton always said that I the Ontario girl had a Canadian accent. Thats a load of bull I told the prairie boy. Here from Micheles

10:13 p.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

Hi T. Michele sent me to see you.

I'd not seen this meme before and I certainly can understand why your husband would value your special talent. Wow! LOL

I'm with you on the insomnia. It's nasty not being able to sleep when you want. My girlfriend is just the other way. She can sleep anywhere, anytime. Be careful of those horses, T, as you know--they can be dangerous!

10:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me.

I hate beets too! (Who likes them?)

Congrats on "losing it!"

11:09 p.m.  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That was GREAT! You did real real good...I've never done this one...Maybe one of these days, maybe not.
Here from Michele tonight...it loks like I skipped you, but I didn't cause when we posted almost at the same time I saw your name...so, Here I Am and g;ad to be here, my dear.

11:27 p.m.  
Blogger Malinda777 said...

Boy do I remember how nice it used to be when Grandma had the kids, and I had a cocktail :)

Here from Michele

12:25 a.m.  
Blogger keda said...

hi from ,michele*
i really enjoyed all i read so far... good thinking with the 2 weekends for the price of one thing. i'm jealous!
and beets yuk.

12:39 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

A future post on why we don't walk behind horsies. Oy! I can imagine. That makes me cringe. But it also makes me really like you. Because if I would have grown up on a farm with a horse, I would have the same story.

12:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Aidshiv surveillance system shirt club Mary winson pilates Automated currency trading software retirement plan rollover to ira Catalina pontiac Waterbed stores in raleigh nc area Jefferson giles investments how to repair hotpoint clothes dryer football rules Happy bunny car seat cover Battery changing kit for watches

3:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שירות חדרים אנחנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מגוונים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים אנא גשו לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

4:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home