Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Raising Boobs


Watching my sister gestate her future spawn, has put me in a contemplative mood as of late. It is no secret that I love my kids. With an all consuming, I'd-do-any-thing-even-die-for-you, type of love. But I lost sight of this feeling a few months back when I was eye deep in grief. Don't get me wrong dear internet, I knew I loved my remaining kids, I just couldn't feel anything but pain. But life creeps on, with or without all your babies. And joy is slowly starting to edge it's way back into my life. Laughter feels great, not just hollow anymore. Blogging has helped. This blog in fact, has helped me remember my life's joy. My other blog has helped me cope with my pain. If there was a way to blend the two, I'd do it. But I am happy with the status quo.

So it was with great delight when I spied,lurked happened upon my daughter in her bedroom this morning. Fric is nine going on 30. Beautiful long blond hair, and legs as skinny as a new born colt. Poor thing. If she's anything like me, she won't hit puberty until 15. Which means she'll be the girl boys refer to as their "Carpenter's dream." Flat as a board and never been nailed. (God willing!) While her dad and I are happy, no - make that thrilled, to be raising a slow developer, Fric is beginning to feel the peer pressure of the young.

It must be tough to be surrounded by girls who already wear bra's and know what pantyliners are for, at age NINE! So Fric is desperate to encourage her own "growth." She is convinced she can help make this happen if she eats a lot of processed cheese and talks nicely to God. Which is what I found her doing this morning in front of her mirror. Pretending to be Pam Anderson and pleading with God to bestow breasts upon her.

I am so glad I grew up. I am going to sit back and enjoy my children's romp through puberty, or in my daughter's case, pseudo-puberty. But I won't be her kill-joy. Because who wants to know that their mother was every boy's Carpenter's Dream until aged 17?

**Sorry pic is so small, Blogger won't let me post it bigger. **

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I settled for the "I must, I must, I must increase my bust"

didn't work.

8:54 a.m.  
Blogger Cori said...

Yes I tried talking to God....never worked. My daughter is nine and I cant believe some of her friends are developing....whats in the milk these days?

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger Erin M said...

Yes, yes! You must bestow upon her a copy of "Are you there god, it's me margret " must for any girl wishing for boobs and beyond. I dread those days coming times 2.

9:12 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

I didn't get boobs until I know knocked up....then they were more leaky and less sexy...

My oldest daughter is 11...I am hoping she can hold off puberty until....I dunno....30?

10:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, i am so not ready for this. My daughter will be 9 in june. I have noticed some of her friends getting breasts, but thankfully she doesn't seem to care or notice.

4:02 p.m.  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

I always thought it was "flat as a board and EASY to screw" ... I could be wrong though, I hope so, for your sake.

Yeah, my prayers never came true until I got pregnant. Wait ... DO NOT tell her that. :-)

And I second everyone on the Judy Blume books. Puberty bibles!

7:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just boys does have some advantages. However, the downside is, they never want to leave home.

8:00 p.m.  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

My daughter is only 6 and hopefully she will be a late bloomer too. (Hopefully by then she'll also stop flashing everybody in the house).

Definitely get her a copy of "Are You There God, It's Me Margret" as some other commenters have said. I read it when I was about 10 or 11 - and it's a book that stays with you. She will love it, and will realize that everything she is going through is normal.

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger se7en said...

That is extremely amusing! LOL Loved the cartoon too! hehe

There's a good reason why Blogger limits image widths and I'm glad they do. If you post an image too wide for the space allowed it will wreck the structure of your blog forcing the sidebar to appear way below the main column hehe not pretty!

Of course sometimes people still figure out a way to do it, then I get to explain why that shiny new template I just delivered is broken! LOL

You can't put a 600 pixel wide image in a space designed for 400 pixels without causing a problem hehe

Hmmm, this gives me an idea for a tutorial for my site at Blog Flak! Cool!

8:34 a.m.  
Blogger se7en said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home