Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pass the Puns, Please

Good morning, dear internet. As you are relaxing, drinking your coffee and reading your morning papers, I am stuck in purgatory. Drinking badly brewed coffee, playing tic-tac-toe and hangman with my darling Boo, while some government nitwit is preparing us for adopting a special needs child.

You see the irony here, right dear internet?

But never one to let a little bureaucratic red tape foil my plans, I will happily listen to her drone on and on about the needs of a handicapped child. And when she is finished, I am driving straight to the local liquor store (or since this is small town Alberta, straight to the local hotel) and buying myself a stiff drink. Because Boo and I will have earned it. Three days of listening on how to become effective advocates, efficient role models and ultimately, good parents.

And I didn't learn a damn thing.

Now let me have my new baby.

In honor of this momentous occasion, I have found a pun for you. A picture pun.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

11 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

Are you at least one step closer to getting your new baby???

As far as your picture share goes....It's appropriate. When women can't participate in the joys of sex-they should drink. Heavily. I just choose to do both thank you very much. Honey likes me all liquored up.

Sorry. I got side tracked.

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger Lindsay said...

bad coffee... I am so sorry!
I do Love the comic!

so, did they give you an idea of when you will get your new babe???

good luck!

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger OMDG said...

Sounds a bit like the doctor/patient training we've been mandatorily attending these past few weeks teaching us not to use racial epithets when talking to our patients. Real useful. Just keep you mouth shut and in a short time, you'll have your baby!

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Hey! I think that's my first grade teacher.

Sorry to hear about your hellish weekend. It's almost done!

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Thumper said...

:::scratches head:::
Our tax dollars at work.

I suppose it's a good thing for someone with zero experience, but c'mon...

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think that you and boo are well qualified for the adoption of a special needs child...You would think they could let you pass on this section of the adoption process, but I guess they have their rules.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Binky said...

At least you had your tic-tac-toe partner with you ;) I hope this "prep" course puts you on the fast track to bringing home baby!

8:40 a.m.  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

They know you could *teach* this course, right?? Jeez. And bad coffee just adds insult to injury. I'm sending thoughts of hot strong fresh coffee (or whatever else you require hot, strong and (ahem) fresh).

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Are they kidding?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Did they tell you when they thought a baby might be on its way to you?

3:26 p.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Probably they have to go through the standard procedure to cover their a** legally, but it does seem absurd for anyone to tell *you* how to parent a special needs child. I hope you move through the process quickly and are able to bring a child home soon.

6:41 p.m.  
Blogger janjan0000 said...

LOL!
I suppose it's a necessary evil. I don't see how, but still ...

10:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home