Thursday, October 12, 2006

Let's Give Them Something To Talk About


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



My darling Boo and I haven't had the easiest month this year. We've battled bronchial pneumonia, a severely infected throat abscess and our grief for our son. We've had to struggle through watching my dad fight for life and be reminded of Boo's father losing his battle years ago.

On top of all that, we've been separated while he chases his almighty dollar. And his big surprise for me on my birthday, oh yeah. It was a big surprise. A wireless computer mouse. So he could play his computer games better. Don't worry, dear internet. He did almost die for that one. He apologized and got a re-do. After I beat him with his wireless mouse he went and bought me a very pretty 30GB iPod.

He still lives. But just barely.

But because of the illnesses, the grief, the work absence, the stress, and of course, the bad birthday gift, it hasn't been a month filled with cuddles and kisses, and other assorted marital intimacies.

No, the only loving I'm getting is from my boob-destroying puppy, also known as Nixon, the World's Greatest Dog. Ever.

And Nixon's loving tends to be of the slobbery, dog-breath smelling variety. Hmm, wait a second. So does my hubby's...

I digress. What I'm trying to allude to is to the fact the hubs and I have spent less time hand holding than my daughter and her grade five beau. Sad, really, when your ten year old gets more action than you.

So to make things right, put the intimacy back into this marriage, we are going away together for the weekend. Without the kiddies.

To make romance happen dear internet, or die trying.

The weekend won't just consist of reconnecting. It also includes my beautiful Boo standing up for his buddy during his wedding ceremony. But it's not going to help the romance develop when the groom wants to crash with us the night before the nuptials so he doesn't see his beautiful bride. And it certainly won't help the lovin' department when all the men who attended the stag party stop to stare at my chest, at the reception and dance.

Since the intoxicated bride-groom and his stupid buddy (that would be my husband) announced to the twenty or so guys there that I have made some body modifications.

I'm feeling the romance already.

Facing all of this, and the stress of the past few weeks, I did what any healthy normal woman would do.

I got my hair done.

Cut, colored and styled. My long tresses are, well, I'm not gonna say. My darling hubs will read this tonight and then the surprise will be gone.

Let's just say that I've given all those boys something to wonder about other than what my boobs look like.

And if you don't like it Boo, you should have muzzled your buddy a few weeks ago when he decided to spread the word about my love of all things sharp and pointy...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean all those "nothing says true love like wireless" ads were lies? Well, damn! I can't believe it.

9:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I can't WAIT for the recap on this weekend! Congrats on the hot new iPod :)


**And I'm sorry things have been bumpy for you guys lately. Life never stops sending us curveballs,it seems. {{hug}}

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

My goodness I can comment now! I've been trying to comment for many posts now, and blogger hasn't co-operated much.

I am so glad that your Dad pulled through and that your husband has recovered! I am sooooo glad!!!

I hope you two have a wonderful weekend and that you find some privacy!!!

12:10 p.m.  
Blogger Binky said...

Don't tell me you went pink and spiky.

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Oh, photos please!!

(A wireless mouse? What was he thinking?!)

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

1. Yes. photos. NOW.

2. Bring it on, girl. And we wanna hear the glow from your face after it's, ah, done been broughten, if you know what I mean. Of course you do.

3. DM and I haven't had the easiest time either, lately, and have decided to institute a Date Night. I'll keep ya posted.

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I hope your getaway goes as planned and you & hubby reconnect in the romance dept.
We'll be waiting for the rest of the story....

4:45 p.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Picture, please... ;^)

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger janjan0000 said...

I want pictures dammit!
Lemme see the hotness.
The hair y'know ... the mangled boobies you can keep to yourself.

Have fun this weekend chicklet!

9:56 a.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Men can be so dumb at times.

Seriously a wireless mouse? That's like Honey giving me cupcake pans for Christmas.

I hope at some point this weekend you get your swurve on. Twice.

Don't forget to take pictures. Not of you getting your swurve on, but of your boobie jewelry. DUH! Your hair..I meant your hair!

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger Irene said...

Woohoo!!! Have a great time. I'm rooting for you. c",)

3:41 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I hope you're having a great time and I hope you're not getting stared at too much by your husband's friends. Unless you want that kind of attention, then I say "WhooHoo! Have a good look boys!"

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

First, I am sympathetic to the stresses you describe in life and your relationship to your husband. I hope the weekend is a nice little rest stop for the two of you.

Second, we want a picture of your new hair!

9:33 a.m.  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you. We just took our first adults-only weekend since the baby was born just last week for our anniversary and I entirely understand.

Then again, as soon as we got there, he was like "I want to go fishing, maybe play a little golf, watch the Redskins game Sunday..." Sigh.

Hope things are turning around for you. You deserve it, big time.

8:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home