Thursday, April 06, 2006

Germ warfare

This week's edition of the Hillbilly Wars has been postponed. I know, dear internet, you are heart broken. Because, really, how can your life continue without knowing the antics of my hillbilly neighbor's dog? I apologize to anyone (and let's face it, there aren't many) who actually care.

But as it turns out, I am fighting the plague. And the plague seems to be winning. My darling daughter, who has been fighting a strep infection for the better part of three months, has infected me. Remind me again, why I chose to breed? Now, now, don't be alarmed. I still love her mucous spreading, germ loving ways. I just wish she had gifted them on someone else, like say, her abnormally resilient father.

The Hillbilly Wars will return to it's regulary scheduled time next week for any who are interested. That is, if I survive the whining and sniffling of the following few days. Because, I'll admit I am the world's biggest baby when I am sick and I may be handing my husband a motive for murder with all of my germy wimpiness.

I plan on spending the next few hours maneuvering around my nose. Nobody tells you how to blow it when there is a big metal earring for which snot can crust on to when you are sick. Apparently, I may not have thought this nose thing through. Hmmm...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn.... I was planning to spend ny lunch hour catcning up on the latest saga of the hillbilly antics. I guess I'll just have to read the newspaper instead.

10:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Everyone is sick on the blogosphere. I'm wiping down my screen in antibac right now. Feel better...

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

Man, there are cooties flying through the net right now, aren't there? YIKES!

Feel better!

12:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With you on the germs. All four kids are down here and i'm down with them. Bah! Spring sucks!

1:25 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

T, get better fast!

And whine to us as much as you like in the meantime!

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

On the nose thing -- I'm thinking those kiddie saline nose drops may help flush out your nose so you don't have too much of a problem with the piercing. I don't have a pierced nose, but I do have a kiddo who flat out refuses to blow his nose when he's sick, and those drops really help. (I have to pin him down to administer them, though!) Hope you're feeling better soon...

4:23 p.m.  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I love the cartoons that you post.

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Crusty nose ring???...ugh. I'm going after the disinfectant spray can right now to spray around my monitor.

8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home