Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pass the Puns, Please

I learned a few things yesterday. First off, flu germs can survive a good scrubbing by Mr.Clean, Lysol and a variety of other cleaning chemicals. Secondly, woofing my cookies while my throat is still sore from the ravages of the strep bug is decidedly unfun. And thirdly, taking four gravol pills to help ease the nauseous feeling is the equivalent to hitting oneself up side the head with a baseball bat. I was completely knocked out.

The upside to that is I defintely caught up on my beauty rest. And it's hard to puke while unconscious.

It feels good to be upright and not green around the gills. But hey, at least I was resembling the right colour for yesterday. A little St.Paddy's green.

Yuk.

So, to celebrate my non-stooped-over-the-toilet-bowl position, I have dug up the best cheese I could find. The best, odourless cheese a girl could find.

Strong smells may induce me back to tossing the cookies, and that's a chance I'm not prepared to take. Enjoy!



One day, a man from the Czech Republic came to visit his friend in New York.

When asked what he wanted to see, the visitor replied, "I would like to see one of the zoos in America."

To his delight, the New Yorker took him to the Bronx Zoo. They were touring the zoo, and standing in front of the gorilla cage, when one of the gorillas busted out of the cage and swallowed the Czech whole.

Shocked, his friend from New York quickly called over the zoo keeper. He quickly explained the situation and the zoo keeper immediately took steps to save the man's friend. The zoo keeper got an axe and asked the man, "OK, which gorilla did it? Was it the male or the female?" The New Yorker pointed out the female as the culprit. Quickly, the zoo keeper split the female gorilla open and found nothing of the Czech.

He looked at the man from New York, who shrugged and said, "Guess the Czech is in the male."

18 Comments:

Blogger Ben and Bennie said...

My groan was so loud the rest of the family had to run in here to check on me. Is "gravol Pills" the same as Phenegren? Sounds like it.

So sorry you all have been so sick. I know it'll make you feel better knowing how healthy we've been around here. Also for your comfort it's been 70-80 degrees here just about all week and all the flowering trees have bloomed.

9:53 a.m.  
Blogger Kyla said...

Feel better, T!

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Maria said...

Ba dum bum.....I could actually hear the drum at the end of that one...

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger metro mama said...

Hee!

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger karengreeners said...

ok, you get a pass on this one because you're sick.

hope your cookies stay where they belong.

12:28 p.m.  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Ugh -- the flu on top of strep? Poor you. I wish you were closer so I could yell at you to buck up.

Kidding. :) Feel better soon.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger toyfoto said...

must remember that....

3:18 p.m.  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Hope you feel better soon.

3:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God.

As a half Czech girl myself I'm offended and terribly amused.

Get some rest.

4:10 p.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

I cannot believe you're still blogging, even when you're sick and cleaning up others' barf. You're my hero. ;^)

5:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awful! But funny too. Thanks for the laugh.
Take care of yourself. Four gravol pills, I bet you slept.

7:33 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

You're still sick??? Isn't the hubs home?? Is he taking your temperature? *wink wink*

I hope you're feeling better because this little diddy of yours left a sour spot in my stomach.

Everytime I go to the zoo I'm afraid one of them damn monkey's are gonna grab me. This just reinforces my fear. Thanks.

8:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cheese, and feel better soon.

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger Balancing Act; Jenn said...

UGH. It actually took me a few seconds to 'get it'. Sad.

Anyone want some CHEESE with that WINE (whine)?

grumble grumble grumble, good one.

9:20 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi! I found your blog through Maria at just eat your cupcake. I love what I see so far... I think I'll be stopping by on a regular basis. Hope you feel better soon! And maybe if you dunked the cookies in milk (or Baileys) they wouldn't scratch your throat so much... just a thought...

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger MamaMichelsBabies said...

*groanchuckle* T, hope you feel better soon. Now I'll never be able to look at another gorilla and not chuckle.

10:07 p.m.  
Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Thanks for the laugh, it is good to know that you didn't puke up your sense of humor.

5:50 a.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Oh, that's pretty stinky cheese!!

1:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home