Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pass the Puns, Please

Happy Sunday, dear internet. It has been a long week, so a groaner is much needed and well deserved. Like a fine wine, this one may need to breathe a bit, to be fully appreciated! Enjoy!


These two blokes are lost in the Sahara desert. They're desperate for water, but just as they think they're about to die, they chance upon a village where market day is in full swing.

They go to the first stall they see and ask if they can buy some water. "No," replies the Bedouin stall owner, "I only sell fruit. Try the next stall."

So off they go to the next stall and again they ask for water. "Sorry," says the merchant, "But I only sell custard." Custard? one of the blokes says to the other, "What kind of place is this?"

By now desperate, they go to the next stall, only to be told, "Sorry, but I only sell jelly." Hearing this, one of the blokes turns to the other and says, "This is a trifle bazaar."

6 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

I love it! Trifle's always been one of my favorite desserts, BTW. Isn't there lots of water embedded in fruit and custard anyway?

9:53 a.m.  
Blogger WendyWings said...

LOL very punny.

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger Erin M said...

Bwhahahah! The punchline is an unexpected and underappeciated food,make this one that must marinade for most an dthose who get it right off find it "delicious"

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Shoot me now!

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

They should go back and buy some fruit. I know, I'm supposed to be laughing. ha ha very punny

6:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

5:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home