Saturday, April 22, 2006

Shocked!

Some of you may have noticed that I have been posting somewhat infrequently over this past week. For all three of you, I thank you. My brother-in-law went and got himself electrocuted and well, the fur has been flying since. Don't worry, the doctors believe he will be fine, but after four days of hand-holding and helping with the neices and nephew, I am officially exhausted.

It is also very hard for me not to try and make fun of dear ole brother-in-law. How often does something like this fall into a person's lap? It is taking every ounce of self-control I have, not to post the cartoon I found on the net. But I am trying to treat this incident with the gravity it deserves. He did almost die after all. But oh, the jokes, they are flying through my mind at lightening speed. And they do say that humor is the best medicine. So this would be something like shock therapy right? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

I am off to have a nap now, and since our family crisis has passed, I promise I will return to my regular posting schedule. If anyone cares...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say "Shocking" but that's kind of dumb. Hope he's doing okay. Cripey.

12:59 p.m.  
Blogger Erin M said...

Glad to know he's ok. I think you are showing great restraint, if you make it till monday i think it would then be appropriate to let the zingers fly.

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

It's terrible how other people's misfortunes can have us howling with laughter...after it all comes good, of course.

As long as there was no long term damage, I think it's one of those family stories that will come up time, and time, and time again. That can only be a good thing if it diverts attention away from you!

4:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG- that's awful!

Get some rest, your posts await you.

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

My GOSH! Poor guy, that's shocking news.
Glad he's OK. He wasn't one of those ROTC guys that got struck by a bolt of lightning, was he?

9:57 p.m.  
Blogger carmilevy said...

We do, of course, care. And read. And visit. You're too poignantly funny to ignore.

I'm so glad this one seems to be turning out for the best. A little humor can only add to the fun: they're all lucky to have you.

12:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he still pretty. You know that's my biggest concern!!
Jojo

4:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home