Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Flies are A Buzzing

It was a wonderful long weekend. With lovely weather, I managed to get a lot of yard work done. The lawn received it's first haircut, the pool was sucked clean of all the leaves and my flower beds are planted and ready to bloom.

There was a dark side to this weekend though. The hubs and I are building a deck. To build the deck, we needed to drill pilings. To drill the pilings we needed to know where the utilities were hiding. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Well, on the last piling, my darling hubs clipped our water line. At eight o'clock in the evening. After I had been in the pool, sucking up scum; after I was slathered in oily sunscreen all day long, to keep my lily white skin white; after I had been spraying bug repellent on all day long to avoid the dreaded West Nile disease; my darling hubs clipped the f@$!!*ing water line.

So here I sit, the morning after, sweaty, smelly and oily, while my hubs is working frantically to fix the water line and thereby save his life and our marriage. I can't flush the toilets and I had to rummage through the pantry and use bottled watter to make coffee. I'm trying to see the humor in this, but with the flies buzzing around my head, I can honestly say the humor is escaping me...

I'll be back tomorrow, freshly washed and in better spirits, I promise.

My hubs life may depend on it.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, eww. I think I would rather be without electricity than water sometimes...I can almost FEEL your complete stickiness.

10:22 a.m.  
Blogger shade said...

Ohhh man do I know the feeling, my hubby had to fix our sink once and didn't warn me there might be problems he ended up making a trip to the local store so I could feed the baby cause I had no water..... best of luck.

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Erin M said...

oh geeze, are our husbands related?

I hope the water returns soon!

10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm, the sweet, sweet smell of yardwork stank. I knows it well. You add in all the deet and sunscreen and it just gets sweeter!
Hope you get hosed off and happy soon!

11:48 a.m.  
Blogger Thumper said...

This is where a gym membership is handy. There's always someplace to go shower :)

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh god, I don't even know what to say. Poor you.

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Oh boy, I am sorry for you troubles...could have been the sewer (septic) line...ohhh...much, much, worse...take my word on this.
Hope you have fresh water up and running soon!

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Oh dear. Hubs, get a move on!
You know, I don't quite get DIY any more. I would much rather get someone else to do it and work triply hard at what I do best to earn the money...or else go without! You poor thing.

3:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Whoops. Somebody did a bad bad thing.
I'd be majorly grumpy, too!

3:54 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

How about getting caught in the shower with head lathered up and soap all over your body, when the WATER COMPANY decided to shut the water off for repairs. They thought everybody was already at work.

I really don't know which was worse...to be all goey like you or lathered like me?

7:57 p.m.  
Blogger Lindsey said...

EEEEWWWW! How messy and sticky! Once you get a shower, you'll feel the cleanest you ever have! One day, this WILL make a great story!

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger Stacy said...

Aww man - please get in that shower. And throw those bed sheets away when you're done! hehehehe!

8:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is "YUCK" - although bottled water for coffee sounds kind of fancy.

9:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buahaaaa!
Oh man, I read your latest post before this one.
He's certainly on a roll, isn't he?

9:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home