Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Reasons I tell Myself I love him

I woke up this morning knowing that all was right with my world. I was showered and clean, my bedding had been burned and I could make coffee without twisting the tops off of six bottles of water. Everything was right as rain. So I set about my morning routine. I got the kids up, fed, dressed, groomed, lunches made and after kissing and hugging them I shoved them out the door. Because nothing could ruin this right as rain feeling faster than them missing the bus and me having to drive 20 minutes to drop them off at school. Hence, the kissing and shoving. But I did it with love.

I made coffee, I got in the shower, I played with my nose, and I gussied up. Off to the big ole city for this mommy. No playing in dirt today. No, today is the day I buy my puppy his new bed, his food, and all the other puppy paraphernalia I will need for when I bring him home this weekend.

I grabbed my purse and went to get my keys. No keys. No biggie. The hubs drove my car last night, he probably just left them on the seat. Right? So I lock the door and go to my car, while trying to ignore my ruined lawn and broken apple tree, both victims of the water line fiasco. Nope, I'm feeling refreshed and ripped up sod and a bent tree trunk are not going to kill this high I'm on. Because I have rejoined the free world; I have clean, running water.

I get to my car, and look for the keys. No keys. Just then my cell phone rings. My darling hubs is madly trying to reach me. Apparently, in a dazed fog this morning he decided he needed my keys as well as his own. So he took every set of car keys we own. But he is very sorry and he will make it up to me later. My anticipated trip to the big city vanished in the ring of a phone. My only course of action was to declare defeat or ride my lawn mower to town. But my mower doesn't have a radio.

So, there I am, stranded in my own car, out in the sticks and locked out of my house to boot. Suddenly that fresh feeling just vanished. Picture me, a wheelbarrow (for height) and my ass in the air as I was shimming through the kitchen window. I broke my plant, cut my finger and bent my screen. And to add salt to my wounds, no shopping for me.

When my darling hubs returns home to his castle tonight, he better be a smooth talker. He better bring treats. Not just for my new puppy but for me as well. Because his chance of survival at this point isn't looking so swell.

22 Comments:

Blogger Mama of 2 said...

As soon as I read that you closed the door with the thought that your keys would be laying on the seat of your car I knew they wouldn't be. It's just Murphy's Law right?

Sorry your outing was ruined and I hope hubby is baring gifts when he returns home. GOOD LUCK

8:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh.
Yours and mine, both.
Men. Duh.

9:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! If it does happen, let me know, and I will be sooo jealous. My hubby boo-boos and it either "not a big deal" or somehow its my fault. No treats for me since I dunno when. Hope you atleast enjoyed some YOU time!

9:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear lord! If a man got in my way of shopping for my puppy...there'd be war.

10:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to print and frame that picture.

Oy - treats for sure, lady!

11:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why? Why BOTH sets of keys? For the love of god, WHY?

I'm glad you were able to get back into the house.

2:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ride the mower to town". . . LOL!
What an image that would be! He better come bearing major treats!

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger mamatulip said...

The picture really does complete the post. LOL.

2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Lindsay said...

that picture is HILLARIOUS!!!!

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

Doh! Why in the world did he think he needed both sets of keys!?!

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

I'm guessing that the dazed fog he was wandering about in when he left the house won't compare to the fog he'll find himself in after he comes home. Not to mention the bleeding ears...!

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger craziequeen said...

ooh - hope he came home laden with expensive choccies.......

bad hubs!!

cq

3:33 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had to crawl through my kitchen window in my big wedding hair and veil on the day of my wedding because the Hubs-to-be had the keys to the house. No num nums for him.

3:58 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

OK, now you need to MILK this... milk it for all it's worth! Hand over multiple household chores and demand sleep-ins for a week! (worth a try, right?)

6:02 p.m.  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I hope he brought diamonds and chocolate....

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Oh thats a bad situation right there.

I've taken honey's keys a couple of times.....he gets so angry with me....he should know better..I've got alot on my mind.

6:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all.

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I can't stand being without the use of a car, whether I will use it or not...it better be there waiting with keys.

I just knew when you said you locked the door and went out that you locked yourself out...I just knew it.

I hope you gave him a list of what needed to be picked up for the puppy and a long, long list of errands to run, since you had no transportation yourself.

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger Mackey said...

Uh oh....he has some esplainin to do, right Lucy:)
An expensive box of chocolate can fix anything:)

10:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our husbands must be related.

You should have called a limo.

6:04 a.m.  
Blogger mikster said...

I hope he survived this ordeal.

7:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sucks! Especially the stranded without a car, i hate that feeling.

The week can only get better from here.

8:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home