Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pass the Puns, Please

I have nothing interesting to blog today. I've hit the blogging brick wall. Perhaps it is because I slept in the same position all night long with out moving and now feel like I've been run over by a big truck driven by a jilted wife. Or perhaps it is because my darling children decided today was a good day to sneak into my bed, slide under the covers and put their icy little toes against my warm body at six-thirty this morning. If it were legal to drown them, I would have seriously considered it this morning.

As I sit here, waiting for my beloved java to wake me up and jolt me back to the land of the living, I offer you this piece of cheese. It is old, smelly and definitely not of the finest quality. Kind of like me. Which makes me love it even more. Enjoy!!


The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll through his local town. As he passes by the music store, a sign catches his eye: "Just Released - New LP - Wasps of the World and the sounds that they make - available now."

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop.

"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The expert goes into the booth and puts on the earphones. Three minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm very sorry, Sir", says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth again, I can play you have another track."

The expert steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Three minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it", he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, Sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could hear another track."

Sighing, the expert steps back into the booth. Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated.

"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry", says the young assistant,


"I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."

5 Comments:

Blogger Motherkitty said...

Oooooh, I'm holding my nose until the "A" side is flipped over. Maybe it will get better then. Stinky cheese.

Have a great, relaxing, glorious Sunday with the kids.

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Y'know....I got up early this Sunday morning for two reasons.
One to let the dogs out and two to see what RM posted for smelly cheese this fine Sunday morn. My dogs tracked mud throughout my livingroom and you gave me this. I'm just not sure which is worse.

Where's that damn mouse when ya need 'em? I think that's why he likes you-you bring the [smelly] cheese every Sunday.

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger My float said...

That cheese is GOOD.

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger MamaMichelsBabies said...

I waited allllll day to sit down and enjoy the cheese hehe.... old and smelly when your snowed in works well, very well indeed.

11:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bee side.

*groan*

I hope you found time yesterday to take a nice long soak in the tub and devour a glass of wine (or two, or three...)

6:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home