Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thank God for Babies


I, Redneck Mommy, am now the proud aunty to my first raven haired nephew.

It wasn't an easy birth and to be honest, being back in a hospital did nothing to ease the grief I am feeling for my son. But how does a person not melt when they look into the eyes of a newborn infant, so full of promise and joy?

So while I may not be able to poke fun at my pregnant sister anymore, I will be able to find other gems of amusement as she fumbles through the trials of first time parenting, much like I did ten years ago.

But tonight, I'll cut her some slack and tell her how much I love her and my newly named Dr. Suess nephew. Yes, dear internet, we now have a Fric and a Ric. And I am trying to be cool about it.

Right now, I am too damn tired and proud to care.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jellyhead said...

Congratulations on your new nephew!! You sound like a doting aunty already.

Now I can't stop trying to work out rhyming boy names...Braydon and Jaydon, Harry and Larry (he he), Rick and Nick, Zach and Jack, Blake and Jake.... this is going to keep me entertained for hours!

3:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Auntie. I'm sure it's hard to see a baby however. How are you doing?

6:26 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

YAY!! The baby's here!!!

1:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home