Monday, June 12, 2006

A Man's Game

Go Oilers Go! As the dutiful hockey wife I am, I had to take this opportunity to cheer for my hub's team. After all, without the Oil, many a foot rub I would have missed. Now that I have done my blogging duty, I can get back to my regularly scheduled post...Just kidding Hubs, you know I support your team and that my life revolves around them. And why yes, I will be watching the game tonight, even if you aren't home. Absolutely. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I may, however, talk on the phone a wee bit during the game, but my full attention will be on that little black puck thingy. I promise.

If the hubs believes that, well, I wonder what else I can snow him into. For those of you who are worried that he may read this and take offense, I assure you, that once he sees the pic of his Bug in uniform, and reads my promise to watch the game, his eyes will go no further. His sense of pride and duty will be satisfied and he will turn his eyes to more pressing matters. Like the small town hoes that like to bat their eyes at him and beguile him with their pretty hockey talk. It won't matter to them about the wedding band around his finger, or the fact that he never makes eye contact. No, those wenches will keep on trying to capture his attention, taking his aloofness as a challenge to try harder.

Am I worried? Nah. Let's face it. If any one was going to cheat in this relationship, we all know it would be me. But thankfully, stretch marks and a desire to retain a first husband have killed any interest in fooling about. And the hubs feels the same way. He is just flattered that someone (other than me) thinks he's cute. And as this is his first real foray from home, his first adventure without a woman at his side, I give him free reign. I'll allow him to enjoy those country hoes, whose idea of fashion is a plaid shirt tied in a knot and hair teased up to high heaven.

Because he and I both know who he's coming home to. And I've already seen him naked. And really, once I got over the laughing part, it's all kind of worked out.

Just kidding Boo. Really. I'd never laugh at Mr. Pickle. At least not in front of you.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Pickle?? Teehee. I'm rooting for the Oilers out of principle. I find it wrong that a warm state has an ice hockey team.

I know. Incredibly lame.

8:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Pickle!!! *snort*
Oh that's too funny...

9:15 a.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

This will probably sound corny, but I like reading about your relationship with the hubs. Your trust and easygoingness are inspiring to me -- evidence that good ones are out there. See, I told you it would sound corny. ;^)

1:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you do crack me up.

No hockey in our house - that's one thing i can be proud of.

2:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Mr. Pickle'...HA!

2:22 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I always tell Honey when I catch him looking at some hot chick....

"You can't handle me...how you gonna handle her?"

to which he replies

"Good point"

Pfft.

6:20 p.m.  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Aha, wish you had been with us in the North Carolina bar last week watching the game. Might have made things more interesting than to hear an entire bar cheering for one team. How boring is that?

6:59 p.m.  
Blogger What's so funny? said...

Redneck Mommy. Love reading about you 'n hubs. Haven't visited in a while, but you're still one of my favorite Mommy bloggers out there!

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

How adorable your Shalebug looks in that uniform.

10:16 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Just leaving another comment because it seemed wrong to laugh about Mr Pickle and the skanky town hoes in the same one.

Plaid shirts tied up in knot and teased hair? Are you for real?! Skanky skanky. Nothing a little black puck in the head wouldn't fix!!

10:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing, laughing... can you see me laughing?

I hope your husband doesn't read this post. More laughing.

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Bec said...

I'm stealing your peacock (childish snigger over second syllable) to share with girlfriends all over the world right now!

10:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home