Thursday, June 01, 2006

Good times


Just a quick post to let you all know that I will be missing in action for the next couple of days. My daughter Fric, is going in for surgery this afternoon. No, no, nothing serious. She'll be back imitating dear Britney before long. But as I will be confined to hospital purgatory for the next few days I will not be able to post in.

As yummy as hospital food is, and as friendly as the pediatric staff are, it always sucks to be in the hospital. I may have to find new and creative ways to pass the time. There is always the old standby; flirting with the cute residents, but let's face it, those doctors are starting to look like Doogie Howser to me. I could show off my prowess with a wheelchair, but with my luck I'd get arrested for vandalism when I crash into the side of the hall and mark the walls with my skid marks.

When I get really bored I guess I will just have to stand in the glass-sided elevator and play with my nose ring. Let's see how many people I can really gross out...

17 Comments:

Blogger shade said...

Good luck hope the little one feels better soon!!! Don't forget to tell us how many people you grossed out LOL

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

See, this is why knitting is such a good hobby. Very portable. I mean, aside from the fact that people think you're a grandma.

Hope Fric is back in commission soon.

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Hope little Fric is better soon!!!
Take care!!!

10:20 a.m.  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope the proceedure goes swimmingly! Don't get too bored there in the Hospital...If you do get too bored you could always pelt Hospital food on all the doctors and nurses! Hope all goes well, my dear.

10:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many hospitals have internet so if you have a laptop...Hope all is well soon!

12:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well. Other than the maternity ward, hospitals make me terribly sad.

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Good luck to Fric! I hope everything goes well.

5:01 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Some ideas:

Start a food fight then point to one of the kids and say "he started it".

Get in one of the hospital beds and pretend to be a baby. "Mama! Mama..."

Pinch a stethoscope and walk around the ward, listening to the chests of dolls and teddy bears.

And make Fric laugh a lot! Hope she feels better soon.

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope everything goes well with Fric's surgery and you are do darn creative that I don't think there is a chance in he*l that you will get bored...You'll find something to get into.

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's supposed to say that you are SO darn creative, bla bla bla

7:21 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

hope your daughter isn't "down" for too long. being sick sucks. being sick and in the hospital sucks double.

maybe you could steal a white coat, read other patients charts and self diagnose them.

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

You could wander down to the geriatric ward and do a striptease. Only if you were bored, of course.

Hope everything goes well with Fric's surgery.

7:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing your daughter a speedy procedure and recovery! :-)

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger craziequeen said...

DOn't forget to keep score!! :-)

oh, and get some of those Howser phone numbers - just in case :-)

Good luck to little Fric, hospitals can be VERY scary when you are ickle.......and when you are big!

cq

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Will be thinking of you!

(My luck that just as I get back into blogging action and do my rounds to visit the friends that I've missed, I find you away!)

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

Look around while you're there. Check out the other parents in the waiting room. Aside from getting creative blowing up latex gloves, that's a pretty powerful reminder of how lucky you are.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger cmhl said...

I hope it went well!!!!

6:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home