Sunday, September 24, 2006

Pass the Puns, Please

It is amazing how the quiet dripping of the coffee maker can seem so loud when a person is hung over. Also amazing is how quickly a person tosses back a few alcoholic beverages with little thought to the consequences of her actions.

Like how early her children would rise. And want pancakes for breakfast. Or how her head would feel like it will burst like a cheap balloon at the slightest noise louder than the sigh of a baby fly. Or, better yet, how her brother- in-law would phone first thing in the morning and she would find herself, along with her hubby, pushing his dilapidated van out of the bog hole he drove it into while trying to bury the family dog that had died, in our north pasture. (Picture me, bleary eyed and cranky, cussing a blue streak while being yelled at by both men, to push harder. Like I was in labour or something. Bastards.)

Yep, dear internet, those drinks were certainly worth it. Because (besides all evidence to prove otherwise) this Mommy had a great time last night shaking her booty with her girlfriends.

So it is with great pleasure that I pass onto you, yet another cheesy pun.

Now I'm off to shower to get rid of the damn mud that splattered all over me and find me some aspirin....



Two painters, one an old man and the other a youngster, were painting a very large home. It was getting late in the day when they reached the second floor.

There ahead of them was a very long corridor. The older painter said, "I've had enough for one day. I quit. How about you?"

With that, the younger painter headed toward the corridor and said, "Not me. I'm in this for the long hall."

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And then, and then...


When he finished the hall, it looked like crap, so his partner looked at it and said he'd used way too much paint thinner and would have to redo it.

Suddenly, the skies opened up and a voice thundered down from heaven saying,

"Repaint! Repaint, and thin no more!"

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Sounds like you had a good night, My Mommy...

But then, we always pay for our fun, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.....

I think you should thwap hubby upside his head, then he'll know how you feel! :-)

Terrible joke, lovey [chuckle]

cq

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Oooh, 2 puns for the price of one! (thanks gette!) And I love them both!!

T, I'm so glad you had a great night out with your friends. You absolutely deserved it and then some! Hope that head feels better fast.

3:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! For once you are the one with the sore head and I can proudly say that I behaved myself last night! Hope it was worth it!!

3:13 p.m.  
Blogger Daisydee said...

Yes, aren't hangovers fun? I'm glad you had fun.

Thanks again T!

10:40 p.m.  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I had a night like that not too long ago and I didnt realize how bad hangovers were especially with kids. Glad you had fun though.

6:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Just because you're hungover doesn't mean you have to share pun-pain with the rest of us! I'll give you some credit, though: At least your paint humour wasn't off-colour.

10:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what we do to ourselves for the sake of "fun". It's all fun and games until someone is worshipping the porceline gods. As long as you had a good time, then I guess it's all worth it.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
PS. Did you find a pot of gold when you found the leprechaun? LOL

11:23 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAH THat was me hungover yesterday but not that bad, thank God.

12:29 p.m.  
Blogger janjan0000 said...

Long hall? Ouch!
LMAO

I'm grateful I didn't have the daughter in tow in Vegas.
I would've died.

3:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amuse.

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hey how about that...two good puns...one as a post and the very first comment we are treated to an additional pun from "gette."

That's why I don't drink...I can't stand the hangovers. Hope your head is better by now.

10:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

certainly like your web-site however you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts.
Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to
find it very bothersome to tell the truth however I will definitely come again again.



Here is my page :: Http://Www.Youtube.Com/Watch?V=J7I3XOWCbFU

3:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog
loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a
good hosting provider at a honest price? Thank you, I appreciate it!


Here is my weblog - Dragon City Cheat Engine

11:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home