Monday, January 01, 2007

Impuzzable

Every Christmas, Santa fills our stockings with toiletries, candies, the obligatory orange and of course, puzzles.

Now I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box, but I like to think that I am not the dullest knife in the drawer either.

I may have to rethink that.



Meet my darling Boo's puzzle. His "Santa" happened upon it at the local educational toy store. "Santa" thought it would be good fun to watch Mr. Smarty-pants suffer the indignity of not being able to put the pieces back in the box after wrestling with it for hours of his life, which he would never get back.

However, "Santa" did not receive her wish. Nope, Boo took it out and within minutes had reassembled it. Then he handed it to Fric and Frac. They took considerably longer, but eventually they got it all put back in the box and figured out.



Every damn day I take those f&$%^g pieces out and try to squeeze them back into their case. Every damn day I have to listen to my husband tell me it shouldn't be so hard, there are only seven pieces. Every damn day, my kids snicker behind their hands and then go off to giggle about what a moron their mother is.



But I don't give up. I'm gonna shove those pieces back into the bleeping box if it takes my whole damn life.

I may not be the quickest but I am the MOST stubborn.

There is a lesson to be learned here, I'm sure of it. But I am too damn busy banging my head against the wall and fiddling with tiny little blue plastic pieces to figure it out....

21 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Oh god, this is funny! Maybe you could just get a larger box!

Happy 2007!

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger Wendy said...

I say if it doesnt fit, then make it fit. I think if you cut that one little piece off it will fit.

Who will be laughing, then?

Good Luck

2:52 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

This puzzle reminds me of my jeans.

Gah.

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger Bea said...

I would never, ever be able to complete that puzzle. Spatial reasoning and I just don't get along.

I once got a Tangrams set for Christmas and the head-to-head competition with hubby nearly led to divorce. Initially the object of the game was to see who could complete the puzzle first; then my goal changed to completing any puzzle, ever (time unlimited); eventually my goal changed to never playing Tangrams again.

4:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2007!

Good luck with that puzzle.

4:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get big props for not giving up. I would have thrown the damn thing in the trash already...lol

HNY!!!

5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

If left to me, that puzzle would be at the bottom of the trash can under the dirty diapers and mounds of pet hair. I hate those #$%@!& things.

You could always shave off the extra pieces with your razor to make them fit. It's not like the poor, Gillette-made product is getting any use anyway.

Happy 2007, you hairy beast.

6:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puzzles should be banned as gifts to children below the suggested age range and to mommies of multiple small children. (Fricative) puzzles. Like the DVD remote isn't puzzle enough.

8:38 p.m.  
Blogger My float said...

Rule of survival number one: Never show your kids your weaknesses!

Tell them you don't need to prove your intelligence by doing silly puzzles! It's not like you have the time to waste on solving it!!

10:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO. That thing would be the bane of my existance. I would not stop until I had assembled it.

Good luck.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger Binky said...

I rationalize my own inability to do puzzles by saying that I do my thinking with the other side of my brain--the side that does not engage in a whole lot of rational reasoning or strategy. Of course, that means I only think with half a brain, but I've come to embrace that fact. Good luck in mining the recesses of your left side :)

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Put it in a brown paper bag and set it on fire. That's what I'd do anyway! ; )

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Can't you just got buy another one and then open it and like leave it on the table and pretend you figured it out??

Do I have to think of everything around here?

5:49 p.m.  
Blogger Daisydee said...

I'm with kimmyk on this one. They'll never know the difference. It will be our secret!

Happy 2007 T!!!

6:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spatial reasoning is not a woman's strong point, but multitasking is! Tests have been run on males that require them to accomplish many tasks simutaneously and they fail. Women on the other hand can watch the kids, cook a meal on the stove, do laundry, bake a pie in the oven, and read a novel, watch TV, and talk on the phone at the same time and never miss a beat. Oh yeah, throw the puzzle away!

1:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the rubix cube (which I took apart to solve).

Wild about Doll Houses

9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Lindsay said...

oh man, I would be the worst at that!!!!
I am way too impatient to try and do a puzzle like that!

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I could not do that puzzle either. Good job on being stubborn... :)

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

okay, that bottom picture just needs the piece that is sticking out to be rotated.

Leave it to my anal retentive self to say that...

10:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should bring the puzzle over to my place and let me have a try. I bet you a chai tea latte that I could get it. I'm so anxious...

If I do get it, I'll teach you and you can take all the credit with the family (cuz I'm a good friend and all).

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Use a hammer.

I use tools on things like that. It always works.

12:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home