Thursday, June 15, 2006

Looking for a Ticket to Bikerville

Before your very eyes dear internet, I am morphing into a crazy pierced, inked redneck. My husband is bemoaning the fact that my virginal skin has been vandalized. I know he cried into his beer last night when I told him I went and got my tattoo. He told me I am mutating from this pious, uptight lady to this scary, pierced and tattooed chicky. He wonders what's next. Perhaps a chain collar or motorcycle lessons?

I told him with that attitude I was gonna pierce both my nipples, and ride topless down the street where all the Hell's Angel boys like to play.

He shut up pretty quick. He's learning that I tend to do as I say.

(How scary is that image? My saggy beavertails flapping in the wind...Even I'm grossed out.)

But in the end, it wasn't as bad as I had feared. The scariest part was how my artist looked. (I now understand my husband's apprehension. But until I dye my hair blue and have enough metal in my face to melt into several bullets, I think he's safe.) The actual tattooing alternated between warm scratches and "Fuck, fuck, fuck" (all said in my head of course. I didn't want to appear pansy-like.)

I am now sporting a beautiful cross on my lower back, to memorialize my Bug. It is blue and green and purple with some coral pink in the banner. I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it before she bandaged it up.

My thoughts? Holy Fuck! That thing is huge! Boo is gonna kill me! But look how pretty!

It wasn't until I walked out of the parlour that I realized something.

I never checked the spelling of my son's name.

What's the chances she spelt Skjel right?

17 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

I'm on it. As soon as I can get someone to help. Fric and Frac aren't much help with, well, let's face it, anything...

As soon it looks good and my gal friend comes over I'll do it.

Or maybe I'll just try growing another set of arms..Hmm...

9:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a picture.

9:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worse they look (tat artist) the better the tats are. Okay, except AMI on Miami Ink. HUBBA.

Anyway, I think that's awesome. Can't wait to see it.

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got a tat of double dragons last year for my 50th birthday. Hubs needs to understand that this is something that you do for yourself, no one else is involved.

10:56 a.m.  
Blogger geenalyn said...

wtg can't wait to see a picture :)

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you. Still can't think of anything I'd want on me permanently, even my kids names, because eventually the ink will go all washed out and greeny (just like me).

12:11 p.m.  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I would LOVE to see a pic of it! I think the tatoo and the reason for doing is so wonderful!

3:17 p.m.  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Yes, yes, picture picture. I have 8 tattoos. Watch out, it's true what they say about them being addictive.

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

I think that is such a wonderful way to pay tribute to Shalebug. His name will be part of your body forever, just as you remember and love him forever.

And I'm lined up with all the others, ready to view the tat as soon as it's presentable!

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Sign me up too.

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

What a nice tribute to your Shalebug. I don't normally like tatoos, but for this reason I would probably have one too.

7:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should charge a fee. Well... to help cover the cost

9:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful. Waiting for pix!

11:54 p.m.  
Blogger OMDG said...

I can't believe you called you girls "beavertails." I just about fell on the floor convulsing with laughter.

8:34 a.m.  
Blogger shade said...

I have one on my belly, can you imagine how bad it looked when i got pregnant lol

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope everything is okay and that you are simply on vacation. I miss reading your posts.

Hugs if you need them,
Sandy

9:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Poker Promotions said...

It is remarkable, it is very valuable piece

4:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home