Sunday, November 19, 2006

Pass the Puns, Please

One of the high points of my recent vacation was meeting a lady who loved puns as much as I do. We sat, drank some really nice wine and let the cheese flow. Soon other guests decided that we were having too much fun and they offered their favorite ditties, as well. It became a buffet of all different flavours; cheese of every variety. Even those who consider themselves connoisseurs of a good joke had a rolling good time. (However, that might have been due to the amounts of wine imbibed, and not due to the quality of the cheese...)

So it is with great flourish and trumpeting that I present to you, dear internet, this piece of cheese. It is rank with odour, leaves a strong after taste, but works really well with a nice Cabernet. Enjoy!


The zoo keeper in charge of the sea mammals was trying to train an otter to walk backwards. He was not having any success. He asked a coworker to see if she could do any better.

Lo and behold, a few days later, the otter was walking backwards.

Amazed, he asked his coworker, "How did you do that?"

"Simple," she said, "You put one foot in front of the otter."

7 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

That's terrible, T :-)

cq

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger toyfoto said...

I've always thought puns are the highest form of wit.

Here's another, as long as we're passing ...

When the waiter spilled a drink on his shirt, he said, "this one is on me."

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Husband is a world-class punner. I'm acquiring the taste, slowly, but surely. I like groaning.

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger kimmyk said...

"and soon you'll be walking out the door"?

I think you drank too much wine my dear friend. LOL.

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

My favourite punny joke:

Outside a small Macedonian village, close to the border between Greece and strife-torn Yugoslavia, a lone Catholic nun keeps a quiet watch over a silent convent. She is the last caretaker of a site of significant historic developments. The convent once served as a base for the army of Attila the Hun. In more ancient times, a Greek temple to Eros, the god of love, occupied the hilltop site.

The Huns are believed to have first collected and then destroyed a large gathering of Greek legal writs at the site. It is believed that Attila wanted to study the Greek legal system and had the writs and other documents brought to the temple.

When the Greek church took over the site in the 15th Century and the convent was built, church leaders ordered the pagan statue of Eros destroyed, so another ancient Greek treasure was lost. Today, there is only the lone sister, watching over the old Hun base.

And that's how it ends:

No Huns, no writs, no Eros, and nun left on base.

9:31 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

T, I haven't even had my coffee yet. I don't think I'm ready for a joke like that.

7:36 a.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really enjoy your Sunday puns and this time I got three for the price of one.

12:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home