Monday, November 27, 2006

Boo-Yah! To my Boo

Oh, yeah. I'm doing the my Boo-YAH! dance, dear internet. I'd graciously like to thank all my bloggy participants for allowing me to so unmercifully rub my hubby's nose in the fact that he is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Victory is so sweet. And I am nothing, if not a gracious winner.

What started out as a simple question because I was scrounging for blog fodder and my hubs and I were stuck in our own version of groundhog day, ignited a real brouhaha in our home. It wasn't good enough that I posed the timeless question on the ole interweb, but then I roped and dragged everyone I knew into our little debate. It turned into a real battle of the sexes. I learned (finally) that men and women really are from two different planets.

I also figured out pretty quickly that men are, well, for lack of a better term, pigs. Granted, not all men are pigs, and most certainly not any of the few men who come to visit and comment on my site, but the men in my visible, three dimensional life, are big, fat oinkers.

And I wouldn't trade their curly tailed, snuffling snoutish ways for anything.

So after I posed my brilliant and highly scientific poll to all four of my regular readers I was a little surprised by the results. First off, more than four people actually chose to share their opinions! (Thank you, thank you, thank you.)

Secondly, I was RIGHT!

Boo-YAH! Ha, ha, Boo. Sorry, darlin'. But it turns out the world is full of enlightened people, nowadays.

For those who are keenly interested in the results, they were something like this:

(Keep in mind this was a highly scientific poll with a statistical accuracy of, oh, say +/- 50 percent...)

The Yes voters (or the highly enlightened, wonderful, Boo-Yah! loving friends of mine) weighed in at a whopping 56%.

The No voters (or the probably more realistic people, my husband would argue) countered at 18%.

The Women Yes, But Men No voters (fence sitters, as I like to call them) rallied at 18%, as well.

And my personal favorites; Only if One is Gay or Ugly voters (I love you all for your refreshing honesty) came in at 3%.

And so, my hubs is picking the crow out of his teeth, so sure was he that the whole damn world thinks his way.

I'm not naive, (shut up, dear brother-in law) I do realize not all women and men can be friends. And not every married couple can handle outside non-romantic friendships of the opposite sex. But then, not everyone is me, and not everyone has the fabulous good fortune of being married to the sexiest, sweetest (albeit, slightly archaic thinking) husband like mine.

So until the hubs pulls the plug on my man friends, or until his lady friends start tossing their panties at his head (and let's face it, I'm sure more than a few want to,) I think I'm just going to keep my man buddies.

Because at the very least, they make me realize over and over again, how very lucky I am to have my Boo.

And if Boo secretly fantasizes about his lady friends, well that's okay too. Because at the end of the day, it's me he is wrapping his arms around, while letting me shove my icy toes between his butt crack. (Canadian foreplay, didn't you know?)

Besides, we all know who wears the pants around here.

Boo-YAH!!

23 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

Atta girl.

You-1
Boo-0

And uh...what's up with y'all stickin' things up the hubby's crack? First it's the dogs nose now it's your feet. What's he got goin' on in his butt crack that I should know about. Forget it, the less I know about your hubby's butt and his crack the better off I am. Y'know what I'm sayin? I don't even wanna know what's goin on with my own Honey's crack honestly. I don't ever see it anyways, he's always sitting on the potty. Nasty ass.

I don't want to talk about cracks anymore.

10:41 a.m.  
Blogger janjan0000 said...

LMAO!
I found the Chris Rock thing I wanted you to listen to. I posted it.
But ummm ... you may not want to let the Hubs hear. *wink*

10:56 a.m.  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm staying well out of the arguement.

11:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't partake in the survey, but I am in total agreement with the majority. You can be friends with the opposite sex, as long as you are open and honest with your partner.
That's all I have to say about that.

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Nichole said...

A shame I missed the poll!

I'm laughing my ass off right now though. Seriously. Pretend you hear me laughing!

Boo-yah!

12:25 p.m.  
Blogger Jeni said...

Enjoy it!

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

"Besides, we all know who wears the pants around here."

Yes, but it sounds like your hubby may want to put some on, too, lest he suffer butt-freeze. ;^)

1:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls rule!
I gonna stay far away from that crack from now on

1:33 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Oh come on! There were only 3% of us who believe that one of the people in the man/woman friend relationship need to be gay? Liars.

1:34 p.m.  
Blogger ditzymoi said...

i agree with mrs chicky to a certain extent... i dont think one of the friends have to be gay
cuz i have straight men as friends too ... but then its true ...im fat and ugly and im no threat lmaooooo
loved your blog :) very funny

2:10 p.m.  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Boo-yah!!

cq

3:39 p.m.  
Blogger Ben and Bennie said...

Lord, I needed this laugh. For the record:

Me male.

Me have permanent woman.

Me have friend womans.

Me not like cold toes in butt crack.

Me thanks Blogwhore for once again leading me to laughter.

4:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the poll, but I would have sided with j.

7:37 p.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi there - new to reading this blog but will definitely be sticking around (came via way of Jen's Everyone Loves Raymond blog). I wish I'd been in on your first poll as I'm actually going through this very thing right now with a guy from work - he's happily married to a woman that I admire greatly but boy, if he wasn't ... yeah, yeah, I know - shame on me but I'm being good - honest - and so is he! And no, I don't secretly hope that something happens to his wife as I know he loves her more than the sun, moon, and stars and I would never do something to mess up what I think is a totally perfect couple.

And if you think this answer is confusing, how do you think I feel writing it?!?

7:45 p.m.  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Haha, you totally CRACK me up, lady. And I didn't vote but I know that my husband would have been one of the 3%. As for me, I plead the fizzith, as Dave Chapelle would say.

7:51 p.m.  
Blogger Daisydee said...

Damn rights you can be friends with someone of the opposite sex. I don't think it matters whether they are gay, married, single or HOT! It's cool in my books!!

You just need to be open and honest with your partner as Roxy sez. She is one smart cookie!!

8:16 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

A male friend of mine says about his wife (this came about because we were going to watch male strippers):

I don't care where she builds up an appetite as long as she comes home to eat!

10:37 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just weighed in on that post and I have to say I wish I could think like you! I am just too jealous!!

11:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! Glad you won, and got an interesting debate out of it to boot.

12:59 p.m.  
Blogger Jenifer said...

You go girl!

I usually just stick my toes on hubby's legs, however I will have to try that butt-crack thing! LOVE IT!!

9:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the question that came up with Husband one day:

"Would you let your significant other go on vacation with your best friend?"

I would trust husband with my best friend but he was quick to jump in with a hard NO and say exactually which friend he wouldn't trust me with

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

My husband says I have the coldest toes ever. Just wait until I stick them up his butt crack. hehehe

6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Binky said...

Sometimes I think I was a Canadian in a past life.

9:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home